1. What information is being collected?
1.1 – We collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with Mercedes Evans Photography and use any of our services. This includes:
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with us.
• Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services.
• Names (and in some cases ages) of all participants of a photo shoot.
• Details and notes taken throughout a photo session or service provided to help us remember conversations during and details of your session.
1.2 – If you E-Mail us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
2. Who is collecting the data?
2.1 – This data is being collected by Mercedes Evans Photography.
3. How is it being collected?
3.1 – The majority of our data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message.
3.2 – In some cases, data may be given to us by a third party. This includes if somebody purchases a voucher for you – they will usually give us your name and details to allow us to process their order, and provide our service to you.
4. Why is it being collected?
4.1 – Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or had ordered for you.
4.2 – Some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience
4.3 – We are required by law to collect and store certain information relating to any order you place with us.
5. How will it be used?
5.1 – Data we collect will be used by Mercedes Evans Photography to enable us to provide our services and products to you.
5.2 – Mercedes Evans Photography may internally analyse data for business and forecast purposes.
5.3 – Mercedes Evans Photography has a legitimate interest in using images taken in relation to your booking and may use these images (upon client’s expressed consent) in the following ways (note, clients are free at anytime to refuse the uses of these images at any time):
• On social media for promotion & advertising purposes
• On our website for promotion & advertising purposes
• For marketing materials (business stationery, flyers, business cards, sample albums, etc)
• For publications/print
6. Who will it be shared with?
6.1 – We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
- Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
- Manufacturers (our printing labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
- Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
- My second shooter will have the Groom’s contact details on the wedding day and will delete them at the end of the day
7. How will this affect you?
7.1 – We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual. We use a password protected data management software and online gallery to hold your data. Your telephone number is stored on a password protected mobile phone, until the contract is completed.
8. How long is the data stored?
8.1 – We will store your data for as long is necessary to fulfil the requirements of our contract with you. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future.
8.2 – We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc.
9. Access to stored data.
9.1 – If you have any questions about data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us.
9.2 – You may request a copy of any data we store about you – and we will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. More information
10.2 – If you would like any clarification on how we collect, store or process your data – please contact us directly.
10.3 – If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit. For details of how to disable cookies please see the cookie section at the end of this policy.
12. Our Details
12.1 – This business is owned and operated by Mercedes Evans, trading as Mercedes Evans Photography.
12.2 – Our principal place of business is at: Park Villas, Church Road, Bagshot. GU19 5EQ.
12.3 – You can contact us in writing to the above address, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org