So you’re thinking about having an engagement photo session, here are three things to consider:
Where shall we have our session?
- Somewhere that’s special to you both. Perhaps where you had your first date or where he proposed. Or maybe somewhere that you like to go together.
- It might be that you want to be photographed doing something that you both love. Rowing is a big part of Rhys’ life so it was an obvious choice for their session.
- It might be that you just fancy the woods, a field, the beach or a more urban setting.
What should we wear?
- The most important thing is that you should be comfortable & look like yourselves! Wearing clothes that you like will make you feel more confident and this shows in a photo.
- Layers are great because you can add & subtract items for a different look. Always bring a coat or jumper to keep warm in-between shots.
- Textures are a winner: think fluffy jumper or velvet jacket.
- Accessories can really help make a picture; whether it’s some jewellery or funky shoes.
- Solid colours work well, as does some pattern. However it is best to avoid bold motifs, because this will distract from your faces. Co-ordinating colours work really well, although avoid wearing the same thing.
- Finally dress like you’re both going to the same place – whether it be the beach or out for dinner…
What should we expect?
- A fun relaxed time together. We should be about an hour.
- Some direction from me.
- Just be yourselves.
- Some great photos. They will be available two weeks after the session on a password protected online gallery. You will also receive your very own mobile app for use on your smartphones and tablets.
If you would like to book an engagement photo session please get in touch here or if you’d prefer a chat feel free to give me a call on 07905 973255
Mercedes Evans Photographer – Surrey wedding photographer taking relaxed and natural wedding photographs in Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire